Fifth annual Give to the Max Day Nov. 14
Many nonprofit organizations throughout the state will once again ask Minnesotans to display their record-breaking generosity by donating to their favorite schools and causes online at www.GiveMN.org during the fifth annual “Give to the Max Day” on Nov. 14.
Local schools and causes participating in Give to the Max Day include:
• Central Lakes College Foundation: Money donated to Central Lakes College Foundation will directly benefit its mission to provide students with scholarships. Gifts of any size make a big difference in the lives of students. Their dreams of earning a college degree are brought closer to reality with your support.
An anonymous donor will be matching up to $1,000 for every donation made to the Central Lakes College Foundation on Give to the Max Day 2013. Money raised will be matched dollar for dollar. The opportunity to double donations will last from 12:00am to 11:59pm on November 14, 2013.
• Rural Renewable Energy Alliance: Money donated to Rural Renewable Energy Alliance will directly benefit its mission of making solar accessible to everyone. With the need for our service growing each year we are asking our community to consider a recurring gift. Giving $10 a month can make a difference for delivering solar assistance to families in need. RREAL has three matching grants this year and hope to raise $10,000.
• Working Together Coalition (WTC): WTC serving the districts of Walker-Hackensack-Akeley, Pine River-Backus and the Northland Community, and has a mission to prevent substance abuse by our youth through community collaboration, resulting in an improved quality of life. The coalition is working to raise public awareness of the risks and consequences of the use of substances as well as things that the community can do to help our young people make healthy decisions. By making changes to the environment, the coalition has a vision of a safe and healthy community, free of the impact of substance abuse and its negative effects.
• Faith in Action for Cass County: Faith in Action is a community-based, volunteer, non-profit organization that provides nonmedical support to older adults, people with disabilities and other individuals experiencing difficult circumstances. Volunteer programs are cost effective, but still need funds to coordinate services such as transportation for errands and medical appointments, light housekeeping, chores, friendly visiting, respite care, meal delivery and ramp building.
• Crosslake Community School: CCS hopes to raise the funds desired to enrich programs, upgrade technology, provide curriculum and other educational opportunities for students. On Nov. 14 CCS will be hosting their annual fundraising spaghetti dinner at Whitefish Lodge. There will be a meal, silent auction and an opportunity to participate in the Give to the Max fundraising efforts.
“We set single-day records for philanthropic giving in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, and want to keep that streak going in 2013,” said Dana Nelson, executive director of GiveMN, which debuted in fall 2009 as a first-of-its-kind giving website and sponsors Give to the Max Day. “This is a day for us to come together as Minnesotans and show our support for the nonprofit organizations and schools that work to strengthen our communities.”
During last year’s Give to the Max Day, 53,339 people made donations through GiveMN.org. The result: $16.3 million raised for 4,381 Minnesota nonprofits and schools, whose missions range from feeding the hungry to protecting the environment, from teaching young students to promoting the arts. GiveMN hopes to again raise millions of dollars for thousands of nonprofits and schools, showcasing to the world Minnesota’s unparalleled generosity.
This year GiveMN will also offer several incentives to encourage donor participation in Give to the Max Day. During Give to the Max Day 2013, Central Lakes College Foundation will be eligible for prize grants in the form of hourly Golden Tickets–hourly drawings to add $1,000 to a donor’s gift, randomly selected from donors who gave during each hour of the event. One donor giving to a nonprofit and one donor to a school will be drawn in the evening for a Super-sized Golden Ticket and have $10,000 added to their donations.
GiveMN is a collaborative nonprofit venture to transform philanthropy in Minnesota by growing charitable giving and moving more of it online. GiveMN is an independent 501(c)(3) organization and an affiliate of Minnesota Philanthropy Partners. Its website allows donors manage their charitable giving by recording online contributions and storing receipts. For more information, visit www.GiveMN.org.