55+ driver courses offered in area cities
The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will offer a 55+ Driver Improvement Course on the following days:
• July 19: four-hour refresher course, noon-4 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa.
• Aug. 2: four-hour refresher course, noon-4 p.m., Pequot Lakes Baptist Church.
• Aug. 5: eight-hour first-time course, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Pequot Lakes Baptist Church.
• Aug. 6: four-hour refresher course, 5:30-9:30 p.m., National Joint Powers Alliance, Staples.
• Aug. 7: four-hour refresher course, noon-4 p.m., Hallett Community Center, Crosby.
• Aug. 13: four-hour refresher course, 5-9 p.m., Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Baxter.
• Aug. 15: eight-hour first-time course, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa.
The driver improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is requested.
The fee for the four-hour refresher course is $20 and the eight-hour course is $24.
For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
People age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years. First-time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four-hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.