Pine River-Backus Family Center May Happenings
• Fundraiser: Starting the beginning of May the Family Center will be selling raffle tickets to raise money for the general operation of the Family Center and to support our summer programs, Terrific Tuesdays and Wonderful Wednesdays. Raffle prizes are: Xbox 360 4GB Console, iPod Touch 32GB, Apple-iPad Mini 16GB, Kindle Fire HD-8.9” Display with 32GB Memory. Tickets are $5 and the drawing is scheduled for June 30 at 2 p.m. at the Family Center; need not be present to win.
• The Family Center’s Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for first-time expectant mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child until 3 years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to women who are expecting a baby and live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• Family Center Governing Board: The Family Council is a group of people from the Pine River-Backus area who are concerned about the welfare of children and families. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about the Family Center, join us at our next board meeting May 16 at 5:30 p.m. and find out more about how to become a Family Center board member.
• Hidden Jewels Thrift Store: Busy with spring cleaning? Have extra knick-knacks, clothing, books or toys? Drop them off at Hidden Jewels, the non-profit community thrift store. Store hours are Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. New customers are welcome; we’re here to serve you.
Hidden Jewels is also in need of volunteers who would like to spend a few hours a week helping in the store. Call Brenda for more information at 587-4292.
• Terrific Tuesdays and Wonderful Wednesdays: Flyers will go home with elementary students in mid-May. Call Karen for more information at 587-4292.
• MAC/NAPS: Pick up is May 14 from 2-4 p.m.
• Family Planning: Will be at the Family Center May 7. Please call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be here May 23 and there are appointments available. Please call Karen at 587-4292 to schedule your appointment.
The Family Center will be closed May 27 in observation of Memorial Day.
The Family Center is “Strengthening Families & Building a Stronger Community.” Like us on Facebook.