55+ driver improvement programs offered in May
The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will offer a 55+ Driver Improvement Course on the following days:
• May 2, four-hour refresher course, 5-9 p.m., Pequot Lakes School
• May 3, four-hour refresher course, noon to 4 p.m., Pine River State Bank, Pine River
• May 6, four-hour refresher course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa
• May 6 and 7, eight-hour first-time course, 5-9 p.m., Pequot Lakes School
• May 8, four-hour refresher course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hallett Community Center, Crosby.
• May 15, four-hour refresher course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mills Ford, Baxter.
The driver improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is requested.
The fee for the four-hour refresher course is $20 and the eight-hour course is $24.
For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
People age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years. First-time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four-hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.