Who mentored you?
How often do we take a moment to look at the people who shaped our lives? Think for a moment. Who were the important men and women who influenced you?
January is National Mentoring Month and did you know that more than 3 million young people in the United States are in solid mentoring relationships throughout the nation?
Thursday, Jan. 17, was national Thank Your Mentor Day, and Kinship Partners would like to publicly thank the many dedicated men and women who mentor children right here in Crow Wing County, southern Cass County and the Staples/Motley area.
They are ordinary people doing ordinary things with extraordinary results. And for that, we thank you.
But don’t just take my word for it. Here are a few comments from Kinship Kids:
• “I love my partner ... she is very special to me.”
• “My favorite time with my partner was when I was at his family’s house and we were all at the table telling jokes.”
• “Thanks for setting me up with Steph! She’s a really neat and cool person!”
• “Having a Kinship Partner is a great experience for me. I enjoy all of the things I get to do and the things I’ve learned.”
• “I want to stay matched with my partner forever!”
So who mentored you? Join millions of others in honoring an important mentor in your life — someone who showed you the ropes and helped you become who you are today.
And the best way to thank them is to pass it on by becoming a mentor to a young person in your community.
There is no better time than now for you to share your interests with a child who really wants a positive, consistent and caring adult in their life. Call Kinship Partners today at 218-829-4606 or visit www.kinshippartners.com.