Pine River-Backus Family Center Happenings
The Family Center wishes everyone a Happy New Year filled with peace, love and happiness.
• Hidden Jewels Thrift Store is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for your shopping convenience. We are also in need of volunteers who would like to donate time to help in our non-profit thrift store.
• Pine River Area Food Shelf thanks all who donated funds/food for the holiday food boxes. The communities continued generosity fed 748 people or 231 families and made their holidays a little brighter.
• Child and Teen Check-ups will be at the Family Center on Jan. 24 and there are still appointments available.
• The Family Center’s Home Visiting Program still has openings for first-time prenatal families who are interested in participating in a Home Visiting Program that meets the needs of families from the birth of their first child through the first three years of their child’s life.
• Free Tax Help will be offered again from February to mid-April. We will start taking appointments in mid-January so call the Family Center at 587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
• Christmas for Kids thanks the community for ongoing donations to the Christmas for Kids program. We could not have made this year brighter for so many kids without the help of volunteers and community partners. Together, we continue to make a difference.
• Monday, Jan. 21, is Martin Luther King Day and both the Family Center and Hidden Jewels will be closed.
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is “Strengthening Families & Building a Stronger Community.”
Check out the Family Center out on Facebook.