55+ driver courses offered in area cities
The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will offer the following 55+ Driver Improvement four-hour refresher courses on the following days:
• Feb. 11: 5:30-9:30 p.m., Crosby-Ironton High School.
• Feb. 22: noon-4 p.m., Pine River State Bank, Pine River.
• Feb. 25: 1-5 p.m., Mills Ford, Baxter.
• Feb. 26: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Pequot Lakes Baptist Church.
• Feb. 28: noon-4 p.m., Lutheran Church of the Cross, Nisswa.
• Feb. 28: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hallett Community Center, Crosby.
The driver improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is required. A Minnesota Highway Safety & Research Center certified instructor teaches this class. By using the most up-to-date research in the field, participants will be provided the latest information in regard to driver safety, new laws and vehicle technology.
Fee for the four-hour refresher course is $20 and the eight-hour course is $24. For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
People ages 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years, according to Minnesota law. First-time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four-hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.