The following are supplements recommended by Kris Kayser, owner of Stone Woman Herbals in Pine River; Mary Lee Kreger, a certified nurse practitioner at Essentia Health’s Pequot Lakes Clinic; and “Supplements: A Scorecard,” in the April 2012 Harvard Men’s Health Watch:
• Lysine for canker sores and mouth sores.
• Ginkgo biloba for memory issues.
• Aloe juice for stomach discomfort and irregularity.
• Tart Cherries for joint problems.
• Glucosamine for joint problems.
• Cinnamon for blood sugar regulation.
• Omega 3 fatty acids for blood pressure, cholesterol and other illnesses.
• Melatonin for difficulty sleeping.
• Vitamin D for heart health, bone health and other issues.
• B complex vitamins for general health.
• Fiber for regularity.
The following are supplements Kreger or “Supplements: A Scorecard” don’t recommend:
• St. John’s Wort.
• Black cohosh.
• Vitamin A without doctor recommendation.
• Niacin without doctor recommendation.