Tiger Talk: Check out Pine River-Backus School website
Interested in attending a Pine River-Backus School Board meeting but not sure when or where it meets?
Take a look at the Pine River-Backus Schools website at www.prbschools.org. Click on “School Board” on the main menu bar. Some of the information you will find:
• Meeting Dates and Times: Go to the “upcoming meetings” link. All regular monthly meetings, special school board meetings and committee meetings are posted here. The list is kept current as additions, postponements and other changes occur.
• Agendas: Agendas and supporting documentation for the regular monthly meetings are available for public viewing and downloading. Agendas are posted the day before the meeting. Go to the “past meetings” link to view agendas from prior meetings.
• Minutes: After the school board approves minutes of a meeting they are posted to the website. Typically the board approves minutes of a meeting the subsequent month. Periodically old files are purged but a minimum of one year of data is maintained on the website.
• Committee Assignment Lists: Each school board member is assigned to multiple committees. A lot of the work of the school board is done under the committee structure. Committee meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. A list of the current committee assignments is available under the “committees” link.
• Board Member Profiles: Interested in learning more about our school board members? Click on the “members” link to view a short profile of each of the school board members.
• Strategic Plan Community Input Sessions: The Pine River-Backus School Board and administration are working to update the district’s strategic plan and are seeking input from the community. You are invited to attend one of the community input sessions.
The dates and times are Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 3:30-5:30 p.m.; Thursday, Feb. 13, from 6-8 p.m.; Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 6-8 p.m.; and Thursday, Feb. 20, from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
We hope to have students, parents, constituents, educators, business partners, social services and local nonprofits — including our faith community — participate. Please consider joining us and helping out with our strategic plan.
Call the district office at 218-587-4720 to sign up for a session or to get more information.