Take It to the Box medication disposal site available in Nisswa
A free medication disposal box is now available for the public at Nisswa City Hall.
The Nisswa disposal box is the fourth free medication disposal site available in Crow Wing County.
The county is serious about preventing the abuse or misuse of old or unneeded medications. To assure that these medications can be disposed of in a healthy and environmentally safe manner, free disposal sites have been offered since 2012.
The drop-off boxes at each site will accept unneeded over-the-counter medications, prescription and narcotic medications from community members.
The Nisswa drop-off site will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information, contact police chief Craig Taylor at 218-963-4444.
The other free medication disposal boxes in Crow Wing County are at the following locations:
• Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office, 304 Laurel St., Brainerd, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Contact Lt. Joseph Meyer at 218-825-3417 for information.
• Breezy Point Police Department, 8361 County Road 11, Breezy Point, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Contact police chief Kevin Merschman at 218-562-4488 for more information.
• Crosby Police Department, 22nd Street Southwest, Crosby, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Contact police chief Kim Coughlin at 218-546-5137 for more information.
Following are rules to drop off medications:
• Leave medications in the original container.
• Remove your name and other identifying information from the container.
• Leave name of medication on the container.
• Drop medication bottle into one of the four disposal locations listed above.
• No syringes, needles or sharps accepted.
• No chemotherapy or radiological medicine accepted.
Visit the Crow Wing County website at http://www.crowwing.us and search for "Take it to the Box" for more information.