PR-B Schools seek substitute staff
Pine River-Backus Schools have a need for substitute staff in the following areas:
• Teachers: Must have a valid Minnesota teaching license. Daily rate of pay is $105.
• Paraprofessionals: No special certification or training is necessary to be a substitute paraprofessional. Positions work under the supervision of a teacher. Duties may include assisting special education students, general classroom support and recess/lunch room supervision. Hourly rate is $8.75.
• Food Services: Duties include cooking, serving meals and dishwashing. Hourly rate is $8.75.
• Custodial: Cleaning and general maintenance of classrooms, restrooms and common areas. Hourly rate is $8.75.
• Bus drivers: Must have a CDL Class B license with a school bus endorsement. If you currently don’t have this endorsement but are interested in getting it, contact the bus garage at 218-587-2026 for information on the process. Substitute route drivers are paid $34 per run. Extra-curricular drivers are paid $11 per hour.
• Van drivers: Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license with a clean driving record. Hourly rate is $9.50.
New to Pine River-Backus Schools this year is an automated sub placement system called Aesop. Aesop is being used to place substitute teachers and paraprofessionals. Through Aesop, substitutes can designate what buildings they would like to work in and what days they are available.
Substitutes can access Aesop via the Internet or phone, log in to their account, view available jobs and choose whether to accept or deny them. Current substitutes are loving the ease with which Aesop allows them to create and tailor their individual work schedule.
Working as a substitute is great for those who wish to work on a limited basis or for those who would like to “test-drive” a job to see if it is something they would eventually like to do full time. Available hours vary depending upon staff needs.
If you are interested in becoming part of our substitute staff, stop in the district office for an employment packet or call 218-587-4720 for more information.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the greatest fringe benefit of working at Pine River-Backus Schools — seeing the happy, smiling faces of the greatest students around. PRB – the place we want to be!