Pre-registration is required for the following Pequot Lakes Community Education classes. Contact Pequot Lakes Community Education at 218-568-9200 for more information or to register.
• Swimming lessons: Instructor Vickey Leonard will teach swimming lessons Mondays, Sept. 8-Oct. 13, or Wednesdays, Sept. 10-Oct. 15.
Class times vary, depending on swim level. Fee is $48 for six lessons.
• Dance/exercise classes: Instructor Michelle Gonzalez of Spirit Movement Dance Studio will teach dance/exercise classes Tuesdays, Sept. 9-30, at Pequot Lakes High School.
Times are listed with each class. Fee is $40 per class. A minimum of eight registered students is required per class to hold class. Bring a clean, dry pair of shoes.
The following classes will be offered:
• It's Time to "Move It!": 5:30-6:20 p.m. Learn moves of the Merengue, Salsa, Cha Cha and more all while burning calories and having fun. Work hips, legs, arms and rib cage and learn to separate the body. Partners are not used in this class.
• 2 Step & Single Time Swing: 6:30-7:20 p.m. Single Time Swing is great for big band music, country music and more. Individuals and couples are welcome.
• Salsa and Cha Cha: 7:30-8:20 p.m. Salsa works with a variety of music. Individuals and couples are welcome.
• Sunset Paddleboard Yoga: Amy Kenow, a certified yoga instructor, will hold class from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10, at Pelican Beach. Integrate gentle yoga and some fitness moves in this class, which will go over standup paddleboard techniques.
Fee is $70 and includes board rental. A minimum of six registered students is required for class to be held.
In case of bad weather, class will be rescheduled.