Jenkins council sets meeting to discuss salaries
The Jenkins City council set a public hearing for Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.for an amendment to the ordinance which sets the council and planning commission salary. The recommended changes are raises as follows:
The mayor would receive a raise from $100 to $130 per regular meeting.
Council members would receive a raise from $80 to $100 per regular meeting.
All council members would receive one half their regular salary instead of $50 per special meeting.
The Planning commission chair would receive a raise from $65 to $75 per regular meeting.
All council members would receive $50 per regular meeting instead of $45 per regular meeting.
All commission members would receive one half their regular salary instead of $35 per special meeting.
All Council members would receive pay for additional "outside or other" meetings at $25 per meeting.
Those wishing to comment at the meeting should submit notice before the meeting on or before Sept. 4 to the office of the Jenkins City Clerk, City of Jenkins, 33861 Cottage Avenue, Jenkins, MN 56474.
In other business, the Jenkins City Council:
• Received and accepted the donation of all shrubbery from around the first national bank building to be transplanted at the Veterans Memorial Park of Jenkins.
• Approved an Adopt-A-Bench program allowing individuals and groups to assist in paying for the purchase of benches for the city parks.
• Approved an Adopt-A-Garden and Adopt-A-Planter program to allow individuals and groups to help pay for gardens and landscaping in Jenkins parks on a yearly basis.
• Approved a new set of rules for the Jenkins City Cemetery.
• Set budget workshop dates for Aug. 25, Sept. 8, and Sept. 15 if necessary.