Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts lists season performers
The Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts (GLAPA) season of six performances will kick off with the Heartland Symphony Orchestra on Friday, Oct. 10, at Pequot Lakes High School.
Call 218-568-9200 for information on season passes and family ticket packages.
The Heartland Symphony Orchestra will present its fall Russian Masters concert at 7:30 p.m. The concert will include guest pianist Joseph Welch, a pre-concert interview with conductor Sergey Bogza and music of the central Minnesota community orchestra.
Other GLAPA performances include:
• The Pequot Lakes Community Theater (PLCT) fall musical, "Singin' in the Rain," presented through special arrangement with Music Theater International. Performances will be Fridays-Sundays, Nov. 14-16 and 21-23. Friday and Saturday shows will be at 7:30 p.m. with Sunday shows at 2 p.m.
• Consensus Vocal Ensemble, a Brainerd-based nine-member a cappella ensemble that performs an eclectic mix of standard choral works, popular arrangements and jazz standards, will perform at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 31, 2015.
• The Minneapolis Guitar Quartet (MGQ) with Colette Illarde will appear at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21, 2015, featuring the MGQ arrangements of music by Spanish composer Joaquin Rodrigo with original choreography by Illarde.
Attend the guitar workshop from 1-3 p.m. and the dance workshop from 3-4 p.m.
• The PLCT production of "The Game's Afoot, or Holmes for the Holidays" will be presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. on March 20-22 and 27-29, with shows at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 2 p.m.Sundays.
• The Looney Lutherans, a wacky trio, will promote their new cookbook, "Use Your Food: Eat Like a Lutheran!" at 7:30 p.m. April 18.
Season pass holders receive assigned, reserved seating in the Pequot Lakes High School auditorium for all six shows for $70 for adults, $60 for seniors (age 60 and older) and $50 for youth (ages 18 and younger).
A new family ticket package provides four tickets (two adults and two youth) for general seating for all six shows for $150 (a $90 savings off the regular ticket price).
For more information on GLAPA, visit www.glapa.info or call the Pequot Lakes Community Education office at 218-568-9200.