Fifty Lakes Council approves bid for bar patio addition
The Fifty Lakes City Council approved a bid for the patio addition to the 50 Lakes Bar & Bottle Shop at its July 8 meeting, according to draft minutes.
The council received one bid for the project for $29,350 from Classic Renovations of Pine River. The company will construct a 50-foot-by-14-foot patio, not including the concrete apron, which will be handled separately.
In other business, the council:
• Scheduled a public hearing for several changes to ordinances for Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 7 p.m. Topics to be discussed include an ordinance on telecommunications towers and possible changes to the guest quarters ordinance.
• Scheduled a special meeting for Monday, Aug. 25, to discuss the city's 2015 budget.
• Renewed its five certificates of deposit at Lakes State Bank for 12 months at a rate of .75 percent.
• Heard from Fred Strohmeier, president of the Fifty Lakes Property Owners Association, who reported on aquatic invasive species inspections. The organization, in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, has conducted 210 hours of inspection of a total of 228 boats. Of these, nine were not compliant.
• Approved the installation of a street light at the corners of County Road 1 and Town Hall Road. The light will be installed 43 feet from the the county road's center line.
• Approved an increase in minimum wage pay for all employees to meet state statute requirements.
• Agreed to contact Consolidated Telephone Company to discuss making changes to security camera backup procedures and the addition of a security camera.
• Denied an appeal on a variance request for the addition of a hot tub and concrete slab on a property on Sand Lake.
• Approved Mayor Ken Hersey's request for city participation in Emily Clean Up Day.