PR-B Family Center lists December events
The Pine River-Backus Family Center will be closed Dec. 25-Jan. 1 for the holidays.
• Salty Dog Pulled Pork Fundraiser: 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, at the Salty Dog. Proceeds will benefit the family center.
• Christmas for Kids: Donations are needed for the Christmas for Kids program. Monetary donations can be dropped off or mailed to the family center at P.O. Box 1, Pine River, MN 56474. Donation boxes will also be available at local businesses for families to donate toys.
Christmas for Kids applications are available at the family center.
• MNsure Navigator: A certified Navigator is available at the family center. Call 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: The food shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday and from 3:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12. The food shelf will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 26.
• Home Visiting Program: The family center's Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child til age 3. Free prenatal gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• NAPS: Pick up is 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12.
• WIC: Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 6-7. Call Cass County at 218-547-1340, ext. 310, for an appointment.
• Family Planning: Tuesday, Dec. 5. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Thursday, Dec. 21. Appointments are still available. Call Karen at 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment. Immunizations can be done at Child & Teen Check-Up.
• Medicare Part D Open Enrollment: Schedule an appointment at the family center by calling the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433.