Operation Round Up donations distributed
Since Operation Round-Up's inception in late 1996, more than $3.3 million has been donated to community projects and programs in Cass, Crow Wing and Morrison counties. Operation Round Up is funded by participating members of Crow Wing Power who allow the cooperative to round up their electric bills to the nearest whole dollar. The additional change is pooled and distributed quarterly.
During their quarterly meeting held in January, the Crow Wing Power Community Trust Board donated $49,500 to local community programs. Operation Round-Up funds were distributed to the following projects:
• $500 to First Lutheran Church Quilters, Little Falls
• $500 to Emily Quilters
• $1,000 to ISD #482, Day of Caring, Little Falls
• $3,000 to Sharing Bread Soup Kitchen, Brainerd
• $2,000 to Horizon Health, Pierz
• $1,000 to Salvation Army, Brainerd
• $35,000 to twelve area food shelves
• $500 to Heartland Quilters, Hackensack
• $500 to Quilt Pink, Longville
• $2,000 to Priceless4Purpose, Pequot Lakes/p>
• $2,500 to Univ. of St. Thomas, Center for Nonprofit Mgmt., St. Paul
• $1,000 to Rock Steady Boxing for Parkinson's, Baxter
The next quarterly meeting is scheduled for April 26, 2018. Grant forms can be obtained by calling Crow Wing Power at 829-2827 or 1-800-648-9401 or at www.cwpower.com. The deadline for grant applications is April 10, 2018.